You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: SmartCity

I Love Smart City, says Joseph C Mathew

The guy who put up that petion on petitiononline.com , saying all bad things about Smart City, is now part of the delegation that is going to Dubai to finalize the deal.

This is the height of hypocrisy!

Those who wish to see the original petition:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/SC6813/petition.html

Some more interesting reading:

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEO20060916111339&Page=O&Title=Thiruvananthapuram&Topic=0

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Display_news.asp?section=World_News&subsection=India&month=September2006&file=World_News2006091741452.xml

The newspapers report that this character is close to Achu's son. All these very neatly add up now

Shame on you Joseph Mathew, I know you are watching this forum.
    Dear Sirs,
    I am an IT person in Bangalore.
    I am interested in Smart City coming up in my home town, Cochin.
    I thankyou for giving the link to the letter by Mr Joseph.
    I think he was attacking the then CM, Mr oommen Chandy for viewing DIC as a IT firm. I think, during their last visit, DIC officials themselves told the media that they are just Facilitators and not IT firm, which by itself validates Mr Joseph's views.
    I appreciate Mr Joseph for taking such a proactive role in such a big project and an IT professional being a part of the negotiation, is fefenitely a cent percent positive step.
    Now that Infopark is not being handed over to DIC, I believe Keralites will have two smart cities instead of just one!. One lead by DIC and another by Infopark, both competing against each other and thereby growing, throwing in more and more job opportunities for us, IT professionals.
    Maybe, Mr Oommen Chandy didn't have a person like Mr Joseph to point out the nuances of IT and facilitator firms like DIC. Mr handy had even said, the deal is with Dubai Govt, when now we know, DIC has got nothing to do with the Dubai Govt.
    Hats off to Mr Joseph. Usually, we IT people just stick to our jobs and are very selfish. I am very very glad to see a person from among us emerging out as the 'IT advisor' to CM.
    I read in The Hindu, that he is not getting any salary either!! I wish I could also do something to the socirty like what Mr Joseph is doing now.
    When a person is doing some good work for the society, kindly don't try to personally attack him and demoralise him, thereby helping the marketing forces fool around with ignorant political leaders
    rajesh nair from bangalore

Hello Rajesh,

Hon. Joseph C Mathew and co. have more or less endorsed Chandy's deal with DIC. The weak arugments like they are real estate people. etc have gone into thin air. The only contention is that "we will not give you Infopark" which is a kind of face-saver.

I would be glad to read that Joseph raised all those points (which he has put in his petition) with the Sheikhs. If yes, great, else, like I said, it is called hypocrisy.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.