You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: SmartCity

CITU plans to enter in IT and BPO circle

Hi guys,
    I have seen a single column news in Malayala Manorama (04 Oct 2005, left of front page) that CITU plans to start workers union in IT and BPO industry. I feel that it is going to kill this industry too.

Byeee
    I feel that it is going to kill this industry too.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In Kerala? Yes. It will kill the industry.

In Kerala, the union exists to call strikes and bring the enterpreneur to his/her knees.

Other states have thrived inspite of trade unionism. They won't be affected.

Fifty years ago, a British politician contrasted the difference between American and British attitudes toward wealth in this way:

"When an American sees a well-dressed man riding in a Rolls Royce with a beautiful woman by his side, he thinks, 'some day I'll be there.' But when a typical Englishman sees the same man ride by, he thinks, 'We'll find a way to get you out of there.'"

I think that we've learned a lot from the British :))

Here's the link to the news article: http://www.ciol.com/content/news/2005/105100315.asp

Its time that CITU enter the IT field to Unionize that Industry. Too much exploitation and unhealthy practices are going on in this Industry. I would Welcome CITU entering the IT field. It could be difficult for them to establish, because of the threat to terminate employment and other 'disciplinary' actions, but a small step forward is a right step.

Joseph

Dear Joseph,
    I have a question to you. As far as I know, u r working in CANADA. If some trade union is trying to enter in to IT field in your company in CANADA and the management opposes them then what will you do? Will u just resign your job and search another company?

Just need a reply from you.

Byee

I have a question to you. As far as I know, u r working in CANADA. If some trade union is trying to enter in to IT field in your company in CANADA and the management opposes them then what will you do? Will u just resign your job and search another company?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am working here independently and the question of joining an union is out of scope. Lets take this hypothetic question, if am in India. I will not be joining some union, say, BJP and Congress has their own trade unions, I am not going to join them and I would discourage any co-workers joining them, I would join only a communist trade union.

Regarding the trade unions in Canada, they are nothing more than a third hand for the capitalists in this country. Their main job is to collect union fees, nothing more. So, I dont want to join some Canadian Unions and pay them my hard earned money to make the pro-business union officials.

Joseph

"Regarding the trade unions in Canada, they are nothing more than a third hand for the capitalists in this country. Their main job is to collect union fees, nothing more. So, I dont want to join some Canadian Unions and pay them my hard earned money to make the pro-business union officials."

Joseph,

It looks like you are not at all happy with the country you live in and work. Just curious, is there any specific reason why you still want to work and live there? Specifically, do you find ANYTHING good that this country can offer you or the people living there? I am assuming that no one would really want to be unhappy all their life.

It looks like you are not at all happy with the country you live in and work. Just curious, is there any specific reason why you still want to work and live there?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Are we here to dicusss yours and my happiness?.

I know many people in this forum are itching their skin, for my opionion of dissent from their promised land.

Joseph

See what is Mr.CM of WB is saying about politics in IT field..He is banned strike in IT sectors..
    http://www.deepika.com/CAT3_sub.asp?ccode=CAT3&newscode=127391

(I dunno this link will work on next days..Article came in 8th Oct, National news, Deepika)

>>I know many people in this forum are itching their skin, for my opionion of dissent from their promised land.
    ----------------

No one is itching their skin. We're familiar with the netas of the same category, who preach Gandhian principles and practice fascism. They live in palaces, go around in limousines and preach the virtues of a simple lifestyle.

We have seen priests, sadhus and human Gods who preach that wealth is evil and materialism is an illusion and live a life of opulence.

We're sure that they are also voicing their opinion of dissent from the promised land!!!

No one is itching their skin. We're familiar with the netas of the same category, who preach Gandhian principles and practice fascism. They live in palaces, go around in limousines and preach the virtues of a simple lifestyle.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mr. Antony, don't say bad things about your leaders in public. Especially at this moment.

They are going to give you a Smart City. So think Smart.

Joseph

Yes, I meant many of the congress leaders only. As I've clarified umpteen times, unlike you, most of the smart city supporters in this forum donot have any loyalty to any political party. We are normal tax-paying citizens who feel happy when the govt does something good and bad when it does something bad.

You are one among those hypocritical netas & priests by denouncing capitalism at the same time leading a capitalistic lifestyle.

Who made the capitalism? It is communists made the capitalism to justify the communism(communalism). You go to the countires you are calling as capitalist and compare the living standard and social development with the communist terrorist countires.

In communist countires peoples are slaves without basic rights.

Why people are migrating from communist contries to other countires you are calling as capitalist?

Hi Guys,

The CITU and CPM comrades to be sent to China to learn work ethics and discipline. They are responsible for the complete destruction of Kerala's economic progress. Guys, you shouldn't join hands with them if you would like to remain employed in Kerala, even if the work environment is not too admirable.

The CITU and CPM comrades to be sent to China to learn work ethics and discipline.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    At least we can send them to China for training. But, Where will we send our real 'progressive, development hungry' congress/BJP leaders?. If they are sent to America, the Americans would kick them out of their country the very next day, if sent to China, for sure, the Chinese government would put them before firing squad. Chandy used the word 'Development' so frequently, but now a days, he is no where to to seen uttering the same word. Chennithalayan, now says that, it was development without any progress.

Taking money from ADB and World Bank, only for "puttadikkal' purpose is not progress. Thats what AK Antony and Ooomben Chandy was doing for the last five years.

Joseph

I dont know why do people think of trade unions will do them good. Hey Wake up!! those days are gone. Todays trade unions are just parasites who lives on the earning of those who do hard work. Those trade unions are not going to benefit you. If you are capable enough bargain with your employer, or else quit and find a new one. I dont want a trade union to decide how much salary i should get. I can decide it on my own. . Answer one question and ill join any trade union u say --
    Which trade union, and what benefit they have brought for the people of this country, or atleast for the people of Kerala as a whole. in recent times (dont tell me about 50's and 60's stories. I told you those days are gone. ) ?

And to be rank i dont want to buy a biting dog by paying cash. !! Guys ' dont be a communist just to oppose congress and bjp, and vise versa ' learn communism and then become a communist.
    Most of the comrades in kerala just dont know whats 'das capital' other than what they have heard in the so called party meeting. I would say that POLITICS SHOULD BE BANNED FROM KERALA FOR AT LEASET 25 YEARS OR MORE FROM NOW. all these parasites will die of hungar and there would be sparkles of the new light, !!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.