You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: SmartCity

Smart City - Be aware of the reality

Hi all,

I ahve seen some opinions posted against the political leaders who have expressed their disagreement with some conditions specified in the so called agreement with DIC. Reading those i felt like those comments are from poeple who have lost their ability to think beyond the limits set by dailies like Malayala Manorama,Kochi based channels and offcourse the Governemt of Kerala(Kochi).I pity you dear friends.Dubai Internet City is not a big thing at all.As each and every Keralite knows a city built upon hypes, Kochi, it has got all its foundation very weak.Despite having a so called major port, did it gain anything?. If you are about to shout at politicians for the fate of Kerala, wait a minute.The develpmental agenda thats not based on real facts and based on just regional interests, suppressed the development of Kerala till now. Before being excited hearing the things announced for Kochi, just think twice, whether itz the place for those things to come, whether Kochi really has the potential to accommodate projects of that kind (not talking abt smart city), whether there are places in kerala which are more suited for the same purpose.The illeterate politicians who are filled up wth pukka regional interests (esp the current UDF govt) instead of keeping a broad developmental agenda, makes the keralites think in favour of the false(hyped) fact "It is Kochi and Only Kochi". :)) Most of the opinions posted here could be from the people in Kochi, who have shown their luv towards their native place. I have seen Mr. Ummen Chandy iterating several times, Kochi got some advantages which made DIC taking a decision in fav of the palce despite the effforts from other states. :) I beg you my dear friends, dont believe this. Kochi has no advantages evne reg the bandwidth(Cities like Bangalore,Chennai,Trivandrum and Kochi experiences the advantages of this bandwidth at the same level.Its not owned by State Govt) Just becoz of getting those cables landing here in kochi, doesnt mean that Kochi deserves the complete bandwidth. Except having a LITTLE bit cosmopolitan nature (when compared to other major cities like tvm and kkd, and alas kochi is gradually loosing the privilege to make a claim regarding that too, tvm is developing and its cosmopolitan look is improving, more over an international port and a container terminal bigger than that in Kochi is coming up there ) which infact is one of the parameters the companies consider before setting up a unit at a place, even in that too, Kochi doesnt score much. You can see none fo the goverments in other states could offer such a key location in their states. This is the one and only reason that made that real estate developer take a decision in favour of kochi. You can see the intention of most of the companies who have their units in DIC in dubai is to use the place as a marketing hub. The goverment or the DIC management has no right to compell them to opern their development centres here. They are not dare enough to give such an assuracne too. Why should we fall at the feet of those people? Just to make a try to improve the hyped and the so called glamour of Kochi, by having a white elephant called DIC(For IT). Let me conclude, it is a request to all my dear friends, think beyond the limits set my media with some vested regional interests, just see facts before shouting at the politiancs, some of the things pointed out by them may be based on real facts. Give equal consideration to desi real estate developers if they come up with a proposal to set up an IT park in Kerala.

regards
    Leena
    It is very amusing to see the extend to which the anti-development lobby can stoop... Earlier, it was that the DIC is coming here to sell Kerala as 30*40 plots. Now it is that Cochin is not the right place for IT :))

>>As each and every Keralite knows a city built upon hypes, Kochi, it has got all its foundation very weak.
    ---
    Kindly focus your arguments: What is the infrastructure that IT requires? And what is it that Kochi lacks in that regard?

>>Despite having a so called major port, did it gain anything?. If you are about to shout at politicians for the fate of Kerala, wait a minute.The develpmental agenda thats not based on real facts and based on just regional interests, suppressed the development of Kerala till now.
    ---
    Oh really? So this was the case "till now". So howz it going to change in the future? Just because of the Smart City crisis, the LDF is going to wake up and herald a "New Era"??

>>You can see the intention of most of the companies who have their units in DIC in dubai is to use the place as a marketing hub. The goverment or the DIC management has no right to compell them to opern their development centres here.
    ---
    Ha ha. Think of companies like Sun Microsystems, IBM, SAP labs etc opening their marketing hub in Cochin, to market their high end servers, ERP systems etc to Dinesh beedi units, Poppy umbrella units, pickle companies, pappadam companies etc :))

Kindly use your commonsense. Do we have any industry in Kerala to which DIC's clients can market their products? The only operation that DIC's clients can run successfully is software development, by virtue of the vast talent pool.

>>Give equal consideration to desi real estate developers if they come up with a proposal to set up an IT park in Kerala.
    ---
    Kindly enlighten us: Which desi real estate developer has shown interest in deveoping a similar facility in Kerala?? Even if some desi developer shows interest in doing so in the future, how is the Smart city going to be an impediment to that?

Elby,

Plz ignore Communist Crookes like "Smart Guy". He is an average CITU worker.

Regards,

Rivaji

Elby,
    U rock man. U rock. These were exactly in my mind when I read that.

I think there cant be a better message to answer that comment.

>>>As each and every Keralite knows a city built upon hypes, Kochi, it has got all its foundation
    very weak.

"Kaala pettennu kelkkumbole kayareduthu" :)). You can see my statements, i think, i never said
    Kochi lacks something regarding the IT INFRASTRUCTURE FACILITIES. After all what is needed for IT, :) in fact any place which can provide urban facilities can be considered as an apt place for
    IT investment.But i am against the false claims which media like Manorama, some channels with vested regional interests and Ummen Chandy govt make, that regarding the bandwidth. Really ridiculous.You may be knowing several optical fibre backbones are being setup across Kerala or itz construction is underway. The same bandwidth that is being claimed available through the marine cables are supposed to be achieved at any place in kerala. The ownership of bandwidth lies upon VSNL(as far as i know), not the state goverment.SO kochi can be used as a hub, that doesn't mean, the complete bandwidth is being made availbale at Kochi. SO Efby your favourite politicians like Ummenchandy can cheat anybody who are unaware of these facts. Kochi has nothing to make a claim and say this place should be considered for so and so reasons. Am still iterating DIC takes this decision just becoz the land being handed over to DIC is at a prime location in Ernakulam. More over the chandy goverment is successful in making them feel that we are ready for any compromise, upto any extend to get this establised here. So being a real estate developer, itz quite natural that they would prefer this. So dont be excited so much to become an "ALPAN". Let's see how much job opportunites are abt to be opened for IT professionals.

>>>Ha ha. Think of companies like Sun Microsystems, IBM, SAP labs etc opening their marketing hub in Cochin, to market their high end servers, ERP systems etc to Dinesh beedi units, Poppy umbrella units, pickle companies, pappadam companies etc :))

I agree with you, Mr Efby.But Who said that they are going to use Kochi as the marketing hub? read my post carefully. What i said is DIC in Dubai is being used by major companies as their
    marketing hub for Asia.Lets think beyond the glamour the proposed project may give to Kochi,
    think from the point of view of people who are jobless, 33,000 IT jobs in 10 years? Is it a big figure? You know, technopark itself is going to provide around 20,000 IT jobs in next 1.5 years.
    Its a claim based on REAL FIGURES.It would have been more if infopark is aslo with us(about this, 33k, its just an expectation,again 10 YEARS its too long).

Let me conclude Mr Efby,it took long for the IT boom across the whole world to reach Kerala.
    Thats why we get the offers like Smart City at this time. So we should not ask the governement
    how much opportunities you could give despite having the world clas facilites for IT in
    technopark and infopark. Its prbbly lack of determination or courage in politicians who rule
    us and our inablity to project ourself as an apt place for IT investments.Still Take the figures of investment and the job opportunites it provided or going to provide in last few years and in coming years, itz already moved to a figure better than this 33k. :).Collect it and see if you are eager to know ther real facts.Otherwise you can continue with your "kaala pettennu kettal kayaredukkunna" attitude.I can't help it. I dont mind too.

"Ummen Chandye pole buildingsinte glamouril mathram mayangarathu" :))

Bye

CITU Worker
    :))

Smart Guy!!!!!!

Kindly read your first post, then read your second post and think for yourself if anyone can get any more slippery than you. Did that?? Now tell us, what is your objection towards the smart city...

>>Lets think beyond the glamour the proposed project may give to Kochi, think from the point of view of people who are jobless, 33,000 IT jobs in 10 years? Is it a big figure? You know, technopark itself is going to provide around 20,000 IT jobs in next 1.5 years.
    -----
    Despite 15 yrs of the govt effort (both left & right), Technopark employs mere 7000 IT workers and Kerala's IT export is mere 300 crores; whereas that of Karnataka is 27,500 crores and it employees lakhs of IT workers. Do you still go by your claim?

Dear Smart Guy,

I am not really understanding what you are trying to say?....But one thing is very clear you want to oppose anything and everything by the current government.

What is your core objection???...

Objection on Smart City or Objection on Cochi??? Can you put at least one argument and justify that - rather than pasting a long paragraph without any sense???

>>>Despite 15 yrs of the govt effort (both left & right), Technopark employs mere 7000 IT workers
    and Kerala's IT export is mere 300 crores; whereas that of Karnataka is 27,500 crores and it
    employees lakhs of IT workers. Do you still go by your claim?

See Mr Efby,Just forget about the period when the Kerala govt was unaware of the impact of IT and the way it can be utilized to reduce unemployment in Kerala.Technopark employee count is more than 10,000 now. Kindly slice down the 15 yrs into at the least 3 parts, and analyse the growth.Last 5 yrs shows a tremendous change.We have to say, if the same initiatives were taken by the successive goverments years back, the fate of kerala would have been something different.Your statement "Despite 15 yrs of the govt effort (both left & right), Technopark employs mere 7000 IT workers and Kerala's IT export is mere 300 crores; whereas that of Karnataka is 27,500 crores and it employees lakhs of IT workers" is not at all a justification for accepting anything in the name of development(same is the case with Ummen Chandy, saying everything he can to justfy a really unacceptable viewpoint). See Mr Efby, we need private IT parks along with the the two IT parks under the ownership of the state Goverment. In that aspect we can welcome the Smart City but not by sacrificing our self respect or making them realize we are upto anything and can stoop to anylevel to get this established just for the sake of some votes in coming elections or to get Mr Ummen Chandy called as the "Misiha of Developments".See the recently came changes in technopark and infopark,i can say itz becoz of the efforts put by the government.So that means, we can survive and rise upto a level that of Bangalore or Hyderabad or CHennai in some yrs Lets welcome other private parks too. But accepting conditions that helps making one to have monopoly over the whole IT activities in a particular palce(currently Kochi, later the whole state), its really unacceptable. Smart City (if with the currently specified conditions accepted by the government) si going to kill the IT developments in the state (at the least in Kochi).To prove this you have to wait for a few years. Just wait and see... :) Anyway not for further arguments or counter arguments.Be impartial and analyze the situation. Being a native of Kerala, I too like to have my Kerala shining.Be realistic.

Take care
    Bye..
    :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But accepting conditions that helps making one to have monopoly over the whole IT activities in a particular palce(currently Kochi, later the whole state), its really unacceptable.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Smart Guy,

First you understand what is there in MOU, then you come up with allegations…..

Just for your information …

a) There is no block for private IT parks
    b) Only thing is Government will not take any initiative to set up any IT parks in cochin
    for a stipulated time (5 years).

How can you imagine(Cynic) that can be extended to the whole state???

And it is also better to look how Bangalore, Hydrabad or Chennai developed their IT infrastructure… or At least look into Bangal , how thy signed an aggrement with Saleem group recently.

Smart Guy,

Please check out the this link to see the companies that are operating in Infopark: http://www.infoparkkochi.com/atoz.php

The only two big names are Wipro & TCS. To the best of my knowledge, both the companies don't have a development centre here.

The other companies are: Amlaki,Art,Exsyst Inc,Iormyx, Jacobsons BPO, Promyx etc. Just compare that with the scenario of Infopark operating under the DIC umbrella and DIC's clients like Microsoft, Oracle, HP, IBM, Dell, Siemens, Canon, Logica, EDS, Sony Ericsson, SAP, Cisco etc setting up their operations there. What do you think will be more benificial to Kerala?

Hi SmartGuy/Leena
    Honestly speaking I couldn't understand the objective of your mail.Apart from any political biasing(I don't know if u have any) to what exactly you are objecting,
    1.Are you completely against the development of IT Industry in Kerala?If yes you want mallus to go to other states or countries as parasites on the locals??
    2.If not whether you couldn't digest the preference of Cochin over trivandrum?If yes you can as well campaign for a better park in TvM so that both the cities will prosper.
    3.If that also not there,Are you against the clause of not having any other parks in Cochin for the next five years?Five years is a very short time and also consider this as an oppertunity to develop Tvm.
    4.You are saying that all these companies like IBM,EDS etc are coming to make it as a marketing hub?My question If at all that is correct Do any of us loose even a single penny on that?

One thing we should remember here is that US president will not go to other countries for any kind of investments in his country coz they made their country as the best place to do business in this world thanx to thier progressive ECONOMIC policies .Once that platform got ready,They started dictacting terms with other countries.So all countries should compete here to attain that stage and for that the bare minimum requirement is a strong economic platform.
    Inside India ,kerala is lacking in this area in such a way that it became irrelevent in the economic context(Except Money orders coming from outside).So Inorder to make that fundamentals strong any government should give huge concessions and that is what this govt. is doing.I can't find any fault in that.Also remember one thing If we don't do there are 27 states in line to do that.(Of course you can discount Bihar and Jarkhand from that:)

Dear HPite,

Nice to read your article.

I am happy to know that there are some Right-Thinking Keralites exists. Congrates my dear friend.

I think you are not a typical Mallu residing in Kerala and destroying that state. You are an Non_residential Keralite residing in another state or country. That is why, you are speaking with good sense, which Comrades in Kerala lacks.

You know, the only way to SAVE Kerala is to eliminate Communism and Atheism. They destroyed our state.

Now even rabid dogs don't want Communism. That is a stupid ideology. it's place is in dust-bin.

Regards,

Rivaji

I was just wondering, what will happen to this smart city after the Assembly elections in 2006? Assuming that the trend of tit-for-tat election results would continue, I can see the Left Govt coming to power? Will they stop this whole thing adding one to the number of stalemate projects in the state? One hell of a scary thought I have about this....

I agree with you, Mr Efby.But Who said that they are going to use Kochi as the marketing hub? read my post carefully. What i said is DIC in Dubai is being used by major companies as their
    marketing hub for Asia.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mr. Elby will never cross capitalist economy 101.

Joseph

Ah Joseph is back.

Dear Joseph, before commenting about capitalist economics, kindly learn communism first. I'm sick and tired of teaching you communism.

Please read communist manifesto: http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1848/communist-manifesto/
    , Das Kapital: http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1867-c1/
    and also the works of the philosopher Hegel who inspired Marx: http://www.hegel.net/
    before talking about communism. Joseph is not an exceptional case. Most people in Kerala who talk passionately about communism do so without understanding even the fundamentals of Maxist philosophy/ideology/economics.

>>I agree with you, Mr Efby.But Who said that they are going to use Kochi as the marketing hub? read my post carefully. What i said is DIC in Dubai is being used by major companies as their
    >>marketing hub for Asia.
    ---
    If you agree with me on this then what is your point in claiming that "The goverment or the DIC management has no right to compell them to opern their development centres here."???? What else will they open here other than development centre and marketing centre????

hmmmmm... May be a timepass centre :)) just to contribute to DIC's revenues and also to proclaim proudly to the whole world - "Hey we have opened a timepass centre in the IT capital of the world - KERALA". Please use your common sense for a change.

I remember Joseph claiming that IT has not done any good to Karnataka. Now look at the data: IT contributes to 25% of Karnataka's GDP, provides jobs to 3.5 lakh youth, contributes significantly to Karnataka's VAT collection.

Dear HPite, there is no clause of not having any other parks in Cochin for the next five years. It is just that the GOVERNMENT cannot open any other parks in Cochin for the next 5 yrs. You can have any number of parks in Cochin in the private sector. As Jain posted, L&T is planning another park in Cochin.

smart guy,
    u must note that there are lot of indirect jobs will be come here besides this 33000 IT works.

u r very smart to oppose the project. i have a doubt, u r living in this era?. First u look the world is changing.I think u are in bullock-cart era.Look our neighbouring states,there are many big projects are coming .not only TN but all other backward states such as chattisgharh, orissa,Himachal pradesh are investment friendly.

Guys,

There is no need at all to worry about the future of smart city after next elections. CPM leaders are much more intelligent than any other political party leaders. They know exactly what needs to be preached and what needs to be practiced. The foundation of communism is based on jealousy. The feeling a student who fails in exam will have towards his high performing classmate or the feeling Joseph Joseph has when he realizes his neighbour working at Cochin will make the money that he is making now. CPM leaders will utilize this feeling effectively in the elections to get votes but once in power will definitely ensure smooth running of the park - they do not gain anything by closing it down. May be you will see Pinarayi's daughter and Achu's son are in smart city Director board. Smart city management will be happy to accomodate them if that provides them peace of mind.

The inauguration of Smart City will be doing by Pinarayi/Achu...And on their next election campaign they will project the fact that they started Smart City..Like Pre-degree board reformed as Plus two, Calims over Nedumbassery Airport & Technopark...And the people will forget the effort done behind to bring this venture in picture.

"CPM leaders are much more intelligent than any other political party leaders."

The above sentence should be corrected as "CPM leaders are much more Crooked than any other political party leaders"

Hi all,

My self : A mallu working in Blore-in a software company

Like all of you , I too would like to see Smart city
    in Cochin, but its the government's responsibility to
    publish the conditions in MOU to the public. It shouldnt
    happen in the very last minute.

Here, All of you are trying (in fact too much)
    to dump the communist party.

Of course, I do not support many of their policies towards development,
    But, remember this party has contributed a lot towards the social,ecnomical,cultural
    growth of Kerala. It is because of this party, all people in kerala are getting
    equal chance for education (with no costs compared to other states)

Most of the politicians are rotten regardless of the party. So we can demand
    to change the polices of the party towards development (like how it is
    happening in Begal) . but you cannot dump this party .

There are various other projects like Vizhinjam, which is making no progress
    because the lack of vision and stupidity of our politicians.
    Some international port people have bribed our politicians (mainly, the congress men)

regards,

Sachin,

You just do not seem to see the big picture and is getting lost in the minute details.

"My self : A mallu working in Blore-in a software company"

Why are you working at Bangalore? Since there are opportunities there right? That is what most in this forum are saying. We need new initiatives and development in the state and not hartals and strikes.

"Like all of you , I too would like to see Smart city in Cochin, but its the government's responsibility to publish the conditions in MOU to the public. It shouldnt happen in the very last minute."

No one said it is not government's responsibility but if you want every minute detail to be analyzed, discussed, changed, re-discussed and re-analyzed before a decision can be taken, even your grand child will not be able to see the results of any initiative. We have wasted enough time (more than 50 years) to analyze, discuss and decide we should not be doing anything.

"Of course, I do not support many of their policies towards development, But, remember this party has contributed a lot towards the social,ecnomical,cultural growth of Kerala."

"It is because of this party, all people in kerala are getting equal chance for education (with no costs compared to other states)"

Ha ha! One joke per posting is acceptable.

"Most of the politicians are rotten regardless of the party. So we can demand to change the polices of the party towards development (like how it is happening in Begal) . but you cannot dump this party ."

When you criticize a party, it is the policies that are being criticized. If CPM dumps communism and adopts progressive policies (they still can keep the word "communist" in the party name for historical or emotional reasons), I will definitely support this party and vote for it. Their electoral symbol is not an issue.

"There are various other projects like Vizhinjam, which is making no progress because the lack of vision and stupidity of our politicians."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am completely with you. We definitely need much more progressive initiatives like smart city. It should not be just one time wonder.

The inauguration of Smart City will be doing by Pinarayi/Achu...And on their next election campaign they will project the fact that they started Smart City..Like Pre-degree board reformed as Plus two, Calims over Nedumbassery Airport & Technopark...And the people will forget the effort done behind to bring this venture in picture.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sounds like Gopu thinks that Pre- degree board, Nedumbasseri, and technopark are all brought to Kerala by DIC (perhaps he thinks that, DIC means Democratic Indira Congress!!!)

Joseph

kindly learn communism first. I'm sick and tired of teaching you communism.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How can I learn Ayurvedham, from an Apopathic doctor?

Joseph

Sachin,
    I think Ajith already replied to you in most of the points and I completely second him.
    I want to add one comment on this particular observation of yours.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Of course, I do not support many of their policies towards development,
    But, remember this party has contributed a lot towards the social,ecnomical,cultural
    growth of Kerala. It is because of this party, all people in kerala are getting
    equal chance for education (with no costs compared to other states)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am 32 now.I think you too would be in the 25-35 band.In the last 30 years I couldn't find any contribution from "Commies" on the "social,economical and cultural
    growth of Kerala".Ofcourse they done some spectacular work like
    1.Created a hopeless arrogant society by carefully destroyed the middle class well being.
    2.Made Bandh/Hartal a routine thing in any malayali's life.
    3.Created thousands of grass widows by forcing their husbands to work as slaves in non civilized countries.
    4.Made Kerala a perfect money order economy by destroying the industrial and agricultural base.
    This list is end less.

But Sachin,If your comments are based on their actions even before 30-40 years ,One whole generation is passed.We have to look to the future by analysing any politiacal party by checking what have been done in the last 5-10 years,maximum it can be streched to 15 years ,not more than that.
    So any party which can't be changed to the aspirations of a new generation should well be dumped.No need for us to spend any tears on that.

Sachin,

I think you are living in the past :)) The copy of MOU has been circulated in the political circle for quite sometime now. The anti development lobby is no longer crying about the lack of transparancy, instead they are back to square one with all corruption allegation, land being given to bourgeois, and interestingly that Cochin is not the right place for IT(I guess Attappadi or Pattikkadu could be the promised land for IT).

Sounds like Gopu thinks that Pre- degree board, Nedumbasseri, and technopark are all brought to Kerala by DIC (perhaps he thinks that, DIC means Democratic Indira Congress!!!)
    =====================================================================

No comments deserve for this double personality.
    (Yelling for the martyal Azhikodan and same time putting the left hand on shoulder of "DIC leader", who is accused for his death)

No comments deserve for this double personality.
    (Yelling for the martyal Azhikodan and same time putting the left hand on shoulder of "DIC leader", who is accused for his death)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No comments, but still commented. What a double personality!!!

Dont cry for Azhikodan. CPIM knows how to preserve the diginity of the martyers.

Joseph

dear leena,
    your mind is limited beyond the limit. so open your mind to unlimited possibilities and oppurtunites.

>>CPIM knows how to preserve the diginity of the martyers.
    ----
    Correction:CPIM knows how to use the diginity of the martyrs.

Dear Leena/meena/dika

<>

If with such a "weak" foundation Kochi could cough up 60% of Kerala's tax revenue and feed a moribund crony "capital" like Trivandrum, then with additional private investment it can only get "stronger" and feed more such parasite govt-employee "cities".
    <>
    Well.. excuse me... this clubbing has really telling effect ... I cant help roaring into laufffer... joke of the century :-D

<>

Thus spake your M.Vijayakumar or his Capital Cronies Union ?? And you wud luv to hear this again, even though there aren't any serious takers for it other than some Dhoom Assoc and Broom Developers :-D
    What more, nobody nows what they have written in their bid documents (if at all they are filled) :-D

More interesting: THE FIRM WHICH WROTE THE FEASIBILITY REPORT ,IL&FS, ITSELF DID NOT SUBMIT BID :-D :-D
    So much for the feasibility study !!!

Also interesting, IL&FS was one of the bidders who failed to win Vallarpadam, which was eventually won by Dubai Ports - worlds largest port operators who handles Dubai, HongKong and Vizag.

<>

Now ma'am you live upto it.

Who is a white elephant ?Technopark which took 14 years to reach 7000 employees or DIC which has generated 6000 jobs in 6 years.? Even today all the expansion of "technopark" is funded by govt of Kerala's extravaganza, no private player has developed even a single sqft of space.
    A BONAFIDE White Elephant, despite being born first before Bangalore, Chennai or any other IT parks, remain THE LAST among them !!

Compare with Infopark where even before Smart City comes up there will be 6 lakh sqft by L&T, 7 lakh sqft by Leela Scottish in addition to the govt funded meagre 5 lakh sqft. TOTAL 18 lakh sqft with just 20% govt contribution. And Employee strength ? Over 3000 in just 2 years !!
    Smart City will add 20 million sqft ie., 200 lakh sqft, that is 10 times the size of technopark's 15 year growth. Savvy ??

What happened to Kinfra's biotech park ? World player Chaterjee Group had bid and started construction of Kochi biotech. There were no bidders for the Trivandrum one. Does that look "weak", ma'am ?

So where is the bias. Call the spade a SPADE. Our crony "capital" Trivandrum IS AN ABJECT FAILURE IN ATTRACTING PRIVATE INVESTORS.

(all I see there is con agents bidding bogus "port" projects. Remember Kumar Assoc or so who had signed deal successfully to develop the same)

Toast of our "capital city" was when phonies like "scientist" AjitKumar and "scientist" Arunkumar proposing "nano-tech park" . As usual this turned out to be a hoax and the "heroes" exposed.

Dear Leena/meena/dika

"Kochi, it has got all its foundation very weak"

If with such a "weak" foundation Kochi could cough up 60% of Kerala's tax revenue and feed a moribund crony "capital" like Trivandrum, then with additional private investment it can only get "stronger" and feed more such parasite govt-employee "cities".
    "Bangalore,Chennai,Trivandrum"
    Well.. excuse me... this clubbing has really telling effect ... I cant help roaring into laufffer... joke of the century :-D

"international port and a container terminal bigger than that in Kochi"

Thus spake your M.Vijayakumar or his Capital Cronies Union ?? And you wud luv to hear this again, even though there aren't any serious takers for it other than some Dhoom Assoc and Broom Developers :-D
    What more, nobody nows what they have written in their bid documents (if at all they are filled) :-D

More interesting: THE FIRM WHICH WROTE THE FEASIBILITY REPORT ,IL&FS, ITSELF DID NOT SUBMIT BID :-D :-D
    So much for the feasibility study !!!

Also interesting, IL&FS was one of the bidders who failed to win Vallarpadam, which was eventually won by Dubai Ports - worlds largest port operators who handles Dubai, HongKong and Vizag.

"by having a white elephant called"

Now ma'am you live upto it.

Who is a white elephant ?Technopark which took 14 years to reach 7000 employees or DIC which has generated 6000 jobs in 6 years.? Even today all the expansion of "technopark" is funded by govt of Kerala's extravaganza, no private player has developed even a single sqft of space.
    A BONAFIDE White Elephant, despite being born first before Bangalore, Chennai or any other IT parks, remain THE LAST among them !!

Compare with Infopark where even before Smart City comes up there will be 6 lakh sqft by L&T, 7 lakh sqft by Leela Scottish in addition to the govt funded meagre 5 lakh sqft. TOTAL 18 lakh sqft with just 20% govt contribution. And Employee strength ? Over 3000 in just 2 years !!
    Smart City will add 20 million sqft ie., 200 lakh sqft, that is 10 times the size of technopark's 15 year growth. Savvy ??

What happened to Kinfra's biotech park ? World player Chaterjee Group had bid and started construction of Kochi biotech. There were no bidders for the Trivandrum one. Does that look "weak", ma'am ?

So where is the bias. Call the spade a SPADE. Our crony "capital" Trivandrum IS AN ABJECT FAILURE IN ATTRACTING PRIVATE INVESTORS.

(all I see there is con agents bidding bogus "port" projects. Remember Kumar Assoc or so who had signed deal successfully to develop the same ?)

Toast of our "capital city" was when phonies like "scientist" AjitKumar and "scientist" Arunkumar proposing "nano-tech park" . As usual this turned out to be a hoax and the "heroes" exposed.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.