You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: SmartCity

US Soft - Land acquisition

One news of concern, that we've seen on this forum, is that the Government is keen on Smartcity, but is neglecting the existing and proven employers. US Soft being the company given as an example, that they are moving to Chennai for no land given in Kerala.

Today, I was scanning the CMs website and found this:

86 acres of land, adjoining the campus, has been acquired. Out of this, 50 acres has been ear marked for Infosys and the balance 36 acres for US Software. The land will be handed over by 01-10-05.

http://www.keralacm.gov.in/techexp.html

Not bad. Given this fact, will the na-sayers be less critical of the Government?

ps: The campus mentioned above is "Techno Park" . Government seems to be pumping money into techno Park as well.

Good job.
    >>Not bad. Given this fact, will the na-sayers be less critical of the Government?
    ----

Ha Ha, good joke. Haven't you yet realized that most of the na-sayers in this forum say na first and then backtrack to find preposterous arguments to justify their stand? If one argument is quashed then they'll find another one. How about this: "DIC is partly funded by Osama Bin Laden!!!!"

I don't know when our mallu junta will be mature enough to analyze the pros and cons of Smart City objectively, realize what is acceptable and what is not and then debate with the govt constructively, rather than being broken up into fragments by narrow political interests.

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
    Where knowledge is free;
    Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow
    domestic walls;
    Where words come out from the depth of truth;
    Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
    Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the
    dreary desert sand of dead habit;
    Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought
    and action--
    Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

-- Rabindranath Tagore

Correction: Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my 'State' awake.

US SOFTWARE sought land at INFOPARK, KOCHI. They must be given land. Govt need not help DIC to achieve the number 33000. DIC must scout their own.

**Latest info says, US Soft's request is under consideration along with Alliance Cornhill.

**50 acres of land is being acquired for TCS which plans a huge dev centre with 10,000 people.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.